Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Hello 2011...

Hello my fellow bloggers. It has been a good few months since I felt like blogging. LAME I KNOW. So much was going on and now that things have somewhat calmed down, I decided it's time to blog a little.

Back in January, I had the awesome opportunity to meet Kris Carr. She is the wonderful author of her newest book Crazy Sexy Diet! I LOVE this book! I haven't finished it just yet, but so far soooo good! She makes reading stuff about nutrition fun and exciting. I love how she words everything, especially when she called our kidneys cute. But anyway, she was on a book tour then and she came to a Borders pretty close to me, so Mom and I went to hear her speak. She was so inspirational, that even my mom went to work the next day telling all her friends about Kris and her book. I highly suggest you read her book.

Me meeting Kris Carr

Because of Kris, Mom and I have recently started incorporating more green juice into our diet. We aren't everyday juicers, but if I had to guess I would say I make green juice 3-4 times a week. As Kris says, adding anything good to your body is beneficial...even in the smallest amounts. I won't lie, the first time we juiced the taste was disgusting. Obviously we were noobs so we didn't really know what we were doing. Plus, if you're not used to it, it's not going to taste heavenly at first. We still had a lot of errors the next few times too, but I'm pretty sure I finally got it down. In my green juice, depending what I have at the time, I use kale, collard greens, spinach, green apples, carrots, cucumbers, broccoli, sprouts, and have even used dandelion and daikon. The trick for me is the green apples. Since I'm not used to drinking just veggies, adding 2 green apples gives it a sweet taste so it's not hard to drink at all. You should try it!

Kris Carr's signature on my book!

So that's my update for now. I'll be back soon, I promise ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment