Saturday, March 27, 2010

Soy Wax Candles

Since we are a military family, it is hard to find everything I need here overseas. The PX (stands for post exchange, it's like our wal-mart) barely carries anything I am looking for.

Well today my husband and I went to the PX and I was looking around. I came across soy candles!

I've been wanting to buy soy candles since I read about regular paraffin candles. Not only is soy more eco friendly, but it's awesome in so many ways.

Paraffin candles are made from a petroleum by product. It releases thick black soot when burned and definitely not good for us to breathe in all the time! I totally never even thought about what that black stuff was on the glass from my candles. Now that I know...not cool. Plus, paraffin wax is so hard to clean up! If I ever spill that wax, I am in trouble.

Soy wax on the other hand is made from soybeans! A natural resource that burns cleaner and longer. And hey, it's non toxic! Plus the best part, this wax is so easy to clean!

Anywho, so for $10.00, I bought a 3-wick soy candle made by Essential Elements. They carry many scents, but my husband and I both agreed on Tangerine and Grapefruit. Seriously I cannot stop smelling this thing. It's ORGASMIC! Plus, it says the wick is lead-free :)

We will definitely be lighting this candle tonight for Earth Hour!



No comments:

Post a Comment