My husband recently had a work BBQ. The wives were asked to bring side dishes if possible. I knew I probably should since in their email they said "We will provide the meat". To me that says "AKA Carla you better bring something for yourself to eat!" So I was a little stumped as to what I could bring as a side dish for other people but as a main dish for myself.
I joined a vegan forum a while back and someone suggested to me to make this amazing bean salad! I recently started following Brigit Gaia's blog after I saw this bean salad and I've seen quite a few delicious looking recipes! I'm so glad someone suggested her recipe to me so I would like to share it with anyone who reads my blog!
I think the one thing that made me decide this would be the recipe I would make is the picture. It is just so colorful...I would totally eat that if it was in front of my face!
With that, here is Gaia's Black Bean Salad....
- 2 cups cooked black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup cooked corn, or more, to taste
- 1/2 of a green bell pepper, finely diced
- 1/2 of a red bell pepper, finely diced
- 4 to 6 green onions, finely chopped (or finely diced red onion; I used the green)
- 1/3 cup (or more) of green stuffed olives, sliced
- Black olives, sliced (optional, I didn't use them)
- Fresh parsley, chopped (unfortunately I didn't use parsley since I didn't have it on hand)
- Salt & pepper
- Lemon juice, to taste
- The tiniest bit of olive oil
1. Mix all the ingredients together and let the flavors meld, in the fridge, before serving.
This salad really is sooo good! I added probably a little more olive oil than the ingredients called for, but it was still amazing. Or I just love olive oil too much...hmm...