Friday, April 16, 2010

Courage the Amazing Dog

This story makes me so sad! I just learned about Courage's story yesterday.

This poor dog was chained up in the backyard and completely forgotten. No one had given him any food or water for WEEKS. Since he was chained up, he couldn't escape. Someone called him in finally and help came for Courage. When they brought him to a vet, he only weighed 37 pounds! I have a German Shepherd, and she weighs 80 lbs. 37 lbs is INCREDIBLY BAD! Courage couldn't even lift his head, let alone walk, he was so weak! What really upset me was when I read his fecal matter was completely dirt. Courage was so hungry he tried to eat dirt to survive!

Thankfully Courage has survived this horrible ordeal, and is doing much better. I've been following this site for updates...

http://www.firstgiving.com/germanshepherdrescueofoc

I just can't even wrap my head around this. How can someone tie a dog outside and just leave? It's disgusting to see how some people just don't give a shit about animals. Whoever did this to Courage, I just know they will get what is coming to them. I hope they find the person and prosecute them.

No comments:

Post a Comment