Thursday, April 1, 2010

Going out for dinner vegan style!

When going out for dinner to a restaurant that is mainly meat (definitely get that a lot here in Germany!), it can be pretty intimidating when you ask for no meat, no cheese, no butter, ect ect.

I remember my first time, I was just nervous about what the waitress would say to me, or how she would look at me! She would probably be saying to herself..."is this girl insane or just down right picky?"

I really want to share my first experience with this because it was so much easier than I thought. I don't even know why I was so scared!

We went out to dinner for a friend's birthday. There was at least 10 of us all at dinner. I remember looking at the menu, kind of freaking out to myself thinking the only thing I probably could eat is the salad.

I've been to this restaurant a million times before. I always ordered the same thing...a cheese pizza. Since I don't eat cheese anymore, that was going to be a problem. But actually it wasn't. That's when I thought to myself I can still get a pizza, just no cheese! A pizza without cheese...weird right? WRONG! Freakin delicious!

I asked for the veggie pizza, with no cheese and extra veggies. I wish I would have taken a picture of it because it was so good. You don't need cheese to make a good pizza. Oh and by the way, the waitress didn't think I was weird at all. She took my order like it was nothing. So if you are nervous to order because you care what people will think of you, don't be. It's not worth it!

Then the second time, I was more confident because of my first time, and there was a woman in the group of girls who could read German so she helped me out completely! I ordered the pasta, no meat or meat sauce, no cheese. Just pasta, tomato sauce, and olives. And it was sooo good.

Here is the restaurant I ate the delicious pasta. ME Lounge in Amberg Germany.

My advice would be to see what you would usually order, and modify it. I probably would have gotten cheese on my pizza and pasta before, but now I will add a veggie instead. Trust me, you don't need to stick to just salad.

mmmm, now I want to go to that restaurant again and ask for that veggie pizza!!

No comments:

Post a Comment